**Most Equestrian titles are now
reduced 25%!!! Please see list!
OUR NEWEST RELEASE! NOW STREAMING!
LAKE TAHOE -- SPLENDOR THROUGH THE SEASONS!
For more info & to see the preview, or to rent or purchase, click HERE!
Rent or buy this fascinating program! Just click HERE to see the Extended Trailer or Download/Rent Your Own Copy
Virginia City and the Comstock Lode Yesterday & Today!
Virginia City History
Comes Alive in this Video!
Many don't know that at one time, Virginia City was once the richest place on earth. Over six billion dollars was taken out of the Comstock Lode during the last half of the 19th century, and hard rock mining as its known today was invented here.
Now, over 150 years of history is featured in a new DVD, “Virginia City and the Comstock Lode, Yesterday & Today.” This is the most comprehensive video of the area ever produced. Narrated by Henry T.P. Comstock, portrayed by long-time local, Tommy Myers, you’ll learn the fascinating story of the discovery of the Comstock Lode, and travel with him through the years as he shares the remarkable adventures of Mark Twain, the Bonanza Kings, Adolph Sutro, the Grosh brothers, Philip Deidesheimer, Eilley Orrum and Sandy Bowers, and many more. McAvoy Layne brings Mark Twain to life in several chapters, recounting the celebrated humorist’s tales of Virginia City. Forty minutes of this menu-driven, 2½-hour production, are devoted to the history of the Virginia & Truckee Railroad, and you’ll ride the “Queen of the Short Lines” as she travels the rails between Virginia City, Gold Hill and Carson City. Comstock gives a fascinating tour of Virginia City, visiting all the significant buildings, bars, mansions and museums, spending time with a few ghosts along the way!
The producers have lived on the Comstock for nearly three decades. "Virginia City and the Comstock Lode, Yesterday & Today," was in production for over four years.
Virginia City & the
Comstock Lode -- Yesterday & Today
Click on the Play Button
below, to view a 15-minute
sample of this 2-1/2-hour program
The term 'Video Velocity' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is PO Box K Virginia City NV United States 89440. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.